Sure it’s easy to find them on the Internet. LinkedIn brings you a bevy of new candidates, websites point you to potential business partners, and if you don’t know how to find your customers, you need to step away from the computer right now and go file for unemployment.
For many of you it’s hard to convert all this information into real impact. Sure there are thousands of websites out there and profiles to look through but it’s not clear how to move all that data into the real world.
Even worse, I’m sure you know that one person who’s a rainmaker. They’re constantly landing new clients. New partnerships pop up on every side of them. Their team is always fully staffed with great talent. And we hate them for it. They make it look so easy.
I’m here to tell you that you can be that rainmaker. What’s the difference between you and them? They know how to punch 10 digits into this odd little machine called a phone. Here’s how it works:
1. Find the person you’re interested in getting to know.
2. Call them.
Seriously. That’s how magic happens. It’s not black art. No gigantic regression model for mining websites. It’s simply a phone.
First, let’s get to why you don’t do this now. Is it because you’re shy or not into making a cold call? Perhaps it’s just easier to shoot an email off into the ether and hope someone reads it. Maybe you secretly hope someone will stumble across your awesome LinkedIn profile and YOUR phone will ring off the hook (hmmm, we won’t call others but secretly hope they’ll call us? Ummm no). Or maybe you’re simply too busy researching and corresponding with multiple gatekeepers via email desperately trying to get to your key influencer.
None of those approaches will get you there.
Frances Cole Jones
Search This Blog…
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Visit My Website
Visit the WOW Store
The WOW Lab
WOW Interview iPhone App
Buy THE WOW FACTOR
Buy HOW TO WOW
- Advice Announcement Books Business Success Career College Communication Events Goal Setting Holidays How NOT to Wow How to Wow Interview Job Interview Job Loss Job Search Meetings News & Commentary Opinion Promotion Psychology Selling Small Business Speaking Technology The Wow Factor Unemployment Video Work Workplace
- Business Success
- Customer Service
- Did They Wow?
- Goal Setting
- How NOT to Wow
- How to Wow
- Job Interview
- Job Loss
- Job Search
- News & Commentary
- Random Thoughts
- Small Business
- Social Media
- The Wow Factor
- Virtual Work
- interview techniques on 5 (Good) Reasons To Decline A Job Offer
- Mid-WInter Tanning | on Update your bookmarks! NEW blog address…
- College Grads Make Sure You’re Covered: 3 Rules for Writing an Effective Cover Letter | The Blog of Frances Cole Jones on Job-Hunting Tips for New Graduates
- Fred E. Miller on My List of the Top 10 Essentials of Good Etiquette
- Frances Cole Jones on 14 Questions You Should Never Ask at a Job Interview
- Tweets that mention A WOW Special Event: Breakfast with Frances | The Blog of Frances Cole Jones -- Topsy.com on A WOW Special Event: Breakfast with Frances
- Celia Collymore on 14 Questions You Should Never Ask at a Job Interview
- Tweets that mention 14 Questions You Should Never Ask at a Job Interview | The Blog of Frances Cole Jones -- Topsy.com on 14 Questions You Should Never Ask at a Job Interview
- Donna on 14 Questions You Should Never Ask at a Job Interview
- Joan Schramm on Wow of the Week: Play it Up
Buy HOW TO WOW