The Wow Factor: The 33 Things You Must (and Must Not) Do to Guarantee Your Edge in Today’s Business World
In today’s volatile business world, success requires an edge–a factor that sets you apart from the crowd. Corporate coach Frances Cole Jones understands that challenging times demand immediate solutions, and The Wow Factor provides vital information that will help you rise to the top–fast.
Who needs the Wow Factor? Executives seeking to reinvent themselves, recent graduates facing fierce competition, entrepreneurs looking for funding in a world where funding is seemingly nonexistent, or anyone who has been downsized, outsourced, or simply blindsided by harsh economic realities. In her proven “Search and Destroy” format, Jones shares thirty-three things you must (and must not) do to survive in a moment that demands solutions, shortcuts, and less sugarcoating.
You’ll learn how to:
• identify and transform the qualities that dull your edge
• restore your confidence in these days of “look hungry, go hungry”
• target your dream job, outprepare your interviewer, and get your résumé to the top of the pile
• fine-tune the “soft skills” that will amplify your network
• perfect your written communications–text, email, snail mail
• follow the “Do It, Delegate It, or Delete It” Rule
• get the ten worst business sayings out of your vocabulary
• implement “the Six Layers of Why” for maximum impact when interviewing, branding, or selling
• leverage the value of timing, silence, and the verbal one-two punch
Through critical, perfectly timed advice, amusing anecdotes, and proven strategies, Frances Cole Jones gives you the tools you need–daring, fluidity, and mental strength–to stay afloat in a sink-or-swim environment. The Wow Factor will help you ensure that your ideas and skills remain both timely and timeless, so that you’ll have the confidence to wow everyone, every time.
How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Selling Your [Brilliant] Self in Any Situation
In today’s fast-paced world, where an elevator ride with your CEO can turn into an impromptu meeting, your lunch date can become a job interview, and your conversation at a cocktail party may be a preamble to a potential business merger, knowing how to market yourself in any situation is vital. Corporate coach Frances Cole Jones has helped numerous CEOs, celebrities, and public personalities present their best selves on camera and onstage, in boardrooms and in person; now in her new book, How to Wow, she shares her strategies for making your mark in business and in life.
Every encounter, Jones believes, provides you with an opportunity to positively influence colleagues, employers, neighbors–even competitors. Not only your words, but your tone of voice and your body language speak volumes. The question, however, is: Are they working together to say what you want them to, as effectively as possible?
Inside, you’ll learn how to:
• leave a lasting impression with a simple introduction
• effectively employ the twelve most persuasive words in the English language and command the stage, boardroom, or lunch table
• read nonverbal responses accurately–and shift negative ones immediately
• motivate your team under deadline
• interview fearlessly and flawlessly
• write the perfect pitch, résumè, cover letter, or e-mail
• deliver speeches that bring people to their feet
• transform a PowerPoint presentation into a powerful success
With easy-to-follow advice, amusing anecdotes, and immediately employable hints, Jones’s guidelines can keep you cool (even in hot water). From asking the right questions to giving the right answers, How to Wow will provide you with the confidence to be calm and commanding in all you do and to wow anyone anywhere anytime.